LEGO Systems, Inc. Senior Mechanical Engineer in Singapore, Singapore
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location Singapore, Singapore
Posted Date 10/09/2018
Job ID SG1214
Deliver results based on high technical skills and strong stakeholder management
Elements& Moulds (E&M) Singapore is the first Engineering function in the LEGO Group outside a production facility.The team was established in 2016 with the aim of attracting local talent from Singapore and APAC to deliver high quality mould design and element design to the LEGO Group. The team´s main focus has been to support our sustainable materials strategy.
Deliver results, from the ground up
As the team has grown over the last couple of years the need for a senior mechanical engineer has emerged. The role of a senior engineer is needed to support the team in various tasks such as performance management, training of new team members and driving the continuous improvement agenda of the team. As the team is relatively new and we are still struggling to globalize the function, this role is key for the long term performance of the team.
Key responsibilities include :
• Conduct element design in the insouring/sustainable materials/re-order flow.
• Develop and maintain performance management set-up in the department including focus on lead time and quality.
• Train new colleagues in element design processes
• Develop new processes for the team to suceeed
• Be a one-point contact for all implementation of new standards and processes coming from HQ in Billund, Denmark.
Grow with us
The LEGO Group is a more than 85 years old family owned company who are true to their values of inspiring and developing kids.
It is a great opportunity to be a key specialist in the further development of E&M Singapore.
You will take on a key role in fully transferring the re-order process to run out of Singapore and will contribute to our ambitons of becoming standardized, digitalized, automated and industrialized, something that happens rarely in an engineering function.
What we’re looking for:
As a Specialist, you will have a great exposure to a broad range of stakeholders across the organization to help deliver the E&M Singapore function further. To facilitate this, you have:
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering degree
• At least 10 years of experience as an element designer
• Expert in UG NX, Team Center, Excel, SAP and Power BI
• Experience with developing new processes and performance management set-up
• Good spoken and written English
Join the global family of the LEGO® Group
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
"If you think it´s awesome to be part of a strong technical environment where you are part of an organization that already is a global frontrunner within the area, and help set new standards for effective mould production - then this is the job for you."