LEGO Systems, Inc. Mould Designer in Singapore, Singapore
Location Singapore, Singapore
Posted Date 11/26/2018
Job ID SG1242
Become the clutch power in our global Mould Design organization
Deliver results based on high technical skills and strong stakeholder management
Mould Factory (Singapore) is a part of Elements & Moulds located in Singapore. It has the responsibility to deliver mould specifications and designs to global Mould Manufacturing.
Mould Factory Singapore is responsible for designing both novelty and reorder moulds.
• Create new mould designs or update existing mould designs to match department platforms and standards at any given time.
• Ensure the right level of specification on mould designs, for LEGO to be able to order new moulds or spare parts.
Your tasks will include:
Deliver results, from the ground up
This position requires a mould designer with experience in both mould design and practical problem solving, providing strong technical solutions to design related as well as process related probems.
• Cultivate depth of knowledge in mould designs.
• Maintain quality in mould designs with adherence to One Way of Construction.
• Ensure that scope for the single mould design solution is carried out.
• Create mould specifications using Siemens NX, Teamcenter (PLM) and Classification (Standard library)
• Ensure design for manufacturing, design for assembly & production.
• Deliver designs in the right quality.
• Drive governance on mould platform standards via standardized processes.
• Collaborate with stakeholders on our global platform to deliver mould designs.
Grow with us
The LEGO Group is a more than 85 years old family owned company who are true to their values of inspiring and developing kids.
As a Mould Designer, you will experience first hand LEGO’s “people first” values and its legacy of bringing joy and fun to children, joining a strong and motivated team of specialists that work hard every day to live up to LEGO values and standards.
What we're looking for
You will be challenged on your ability to maneuver in a global organization where the main stakeholders are based in Denmark. Your approach to managing these stakeholders and understanding their mind-set and technical insight is key to your success. To facilitate this, you have:
• Degree/Diploma Mechanical Engineering or similar or equivalent work experience within Mould Design
• Minimum 2+ years of experience with design of plastic injection moulds
• Knowledge on moulding processes and plastic materials in general
• Knowledge of mould manufacturing processes
• Experience in implementing LEAN initiatives is advantageous
• Knowledge and experience with CAD systems and 3D design
• A global mind-set capable of creating strong relations with stakeholders across geographical, cultural and professional borders
• Being able to work in DQP environment, where challenges appear
• CAD systems, preferably NX, 3D Design, Microsoft Office, SAP
• Good spoken and written English for global communications
Join the global family of the LEGO® Group
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
"If you think it´s awesome to be part of a strong technical environment where you are part of an organization that already is a global frontrunner within the area, and help set new standards for effective mould production - then this is the job for you."