LEGO Systems, Inc. Senior Data Manager in London, United Kingdom
Senior Data Manager
Location United Kingdom, London
Posted Date 12/18/2018
Job ID GB3308
Category Research/Development; Information Technology; Lean/Continuous Improvement; Market and Consumer Research
LEGO is a global organization but with a relatively new engagement around data driven decision making and the paradigm of the “data driven company”·The role sits within a small and diverse, but active hands-on team. Every day is different and there is a real chance to shape direction and be influential.
Working collaboratively with the rest of the Data Management team you will take on tasks and projects related to our broad data management agenda, and our vision of making the LEGO Group a more data-driven company. You will work together with local stakeholders and the rest of the Data Management team. Your work will e.g. include process optimization and documentation, identification of data quality issues and facilitation of resolution of these, as well as participate in projects to secure data management principles are followed and project teams mentored in working efficiently with data.
Since you will be the first position in London you will in the beginning be the teams’ primary go-to-person for London based business units until further people are hired in London. This also entails that you will work on a broad set of tasks in relation to the full data management agenda including both data stewardship and data curation tasks, aswell as fulfilling championship obligations.
• Part of a small community of very different specialists that work hard to embrace the “data drive company”-paradigm
• Ability to innovate and propose approaches and technologies
• Play a vital role in building a common understanding of what it means working with data
• Review and conduct gap-analysis on documentation of data sources as well as facilitate resolution of gaps
• Documentation of outcomes of various activities such as process documentation based on workshops with local stakeholders
• Facilitate specification of data sources being ingested to our data platforms
• Work hand-in-hand with the team to ensure we deliver what we plan and we do it with the right attitude and sense of ownership
The LEGO Group Data Management Team is responsible for 1) data stewardship and data curation within the different data platforms of the LEGO Group. This entails user access management, identification of data quality issues, documentation, data modelling, facilitation of ingestion of new data sources to our platforms and general management of meta data on our data sources, reports and dashboards. 2) Championship on the paradigm of the data-driven company, which would include facilitation of workshops, talks, inspiration, training and coaching business units to excel in data-driven decision making
Quality – the Big Data Engineering team strive constantly to deliver quality in our products and technology – it is paramount to our success and that of our partners as lack of quality impacts revenue.
Creativity – as a team of deeply skilled technical thinkers we must ensure we think openly about challenges and ways to solve problems and requirements. This role is crucial in driving that creative approach
Fun – we are a small and empowered group that like to work hard and have fun will we do so – the culture and behavior of our team is determined, conscientious and committed but above all we do it all while recognizing we work for the greatest toy company on earth!
What You’ll Bring:
You embrace innovation and would like to be a part of a cross-over between a business and technology area that is still new and not fully understood. Therefore you would like to become a part of a team of Data Managers, Data Stewards and Data Coaches that thrive towards excellence within the field and are driven by challenging their boundaries
• A graduate degree in related business or technical field is preferred. Functional experience will be considered in place of academic qualifications.
• Strong working experience within data management, or in a similar business or data consultancy role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, highest attention to detail, organized, team worker
• Solid stakeholder management skills
• Functional expertise – Actively uses knowledge base in a broader context
• Result Orientation – Delivers Results
• Innovation – Challenges status quo through new insights and ideas
• Experience working in an agile methodology
• Must be attentive to detail, flexible and able to work concurrently on multiple projects and work items
• Ability to troubleshoot, research, and work through complex requirements and competing priorities
• Flexibility to work outside of normal office hours (as needed)
Join the global family of The LEGO® Group
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.