LEGO Systems, Inc. SENIOR DATA ENGINEER in London, United Kingdom
SENIOR DATA ENGINEER
Location United Kingdom, London
Posted Date 01/09/2019
Job ID GB3344
Category Engineering; Information Technology
Are passionate about engineering Data applications? Are you energised by designing, building and maintaining big data products, working with serverless architecture and data products?
The global Data Engineering team consists of 40+ talented people spread out globally, with this role sitting in our dynamic London Hub. Our Data Engineering unit create solutions for all areas of the LEGO Group.
Your tasks include:
• Lead the design and implementation of scalable and data intensive solutions
• Manage “trial-and-error” solutions, rebuilding architecture as components develop
• Build and maintain data models, securing quality and security to ensure no misusage of data
• Manage unit, performance and regression test phases to ensure modularity, reusability and quality of code
• Responsible for utilizing the right technology and the right architecture
• Work closely with global stakeholders both in Business, IT and key internal colleagues
• Ensure that necessary documentation is created, completed and compliant
• Balance Data Engineering solutions with LEGO’s changing business requirements
Challenges & Opportunities
As Senior Data developer you will work within a cross functional team, applied ML/AI with full-stack responsibility of solutions and collaborate closely with our analytical teams to drive the data decision agenda forward for 2019. This position is the first in UK, as the Data engineering team grows in UK, you will be expected to take on mentorship of more junior resources in the day to day work.
Do you have what it takes?
• An experienced Developer with (preferably) M.Sc. in Computer Science or similar
• Experience within applied Machine Learning or AI
• An understanding of business and the data supporting business processes
• Experience supporting the development of critical capabilities
• Knowledgeable in areas of improvement; able to direct others to the best solutions.
• A strong focus on keeping deadlines and proactively delivering high quality results
• Ensure continuous stakeholder buy in and cross-organisational alignment
• Leadership competencies, a natural role model and a strong team player
Bringing it to Life
Be a key player and an indispensable resource in LEGO’s as new Senior Data Developer. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain significant knowledge about business processes at the LEGO Group. As this is a new area within LEGO, you will be able to form the role and processes on job as LEGO moves forward on our digital journey to 2019 and beyond.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.