LEGO Systems, Inc. Manager, LEGO Retail Finance Business Partner, LEGO Retail in London, United Kingdom
Manager, LEGO Retail Finance Business Partner, LEGO Retail
Location United Kingdom, London
Posted Date 12/20/2018
Job ID GB3316
As a LEGO Manager, you will lead the investment effectiveness program for promotional and marketing activities across the LEGO Retail business.The primary focus of the role is to build understanding in the retail business of how the teams analyse the impact of their investment choices. This will be achieved through building a culture of analysis within the team to improve the commercial impact of their investments.
Taking on this opportunity, you’ll play a vital part in driving commercial understanding of the LEGO Group consumers. Making decision that will directly impact the P&L through influencing of their business partners and building financial acumen within the LEGO Retail business team. They will also have access to confidential information about new product launches and detailed P&L information across the LEGO group.
The role provides skill building in commercial acumen and analysis in a retail environment. You will build an understanding of the full LEGO Retail business and your work will drive the decision making of the leadership team.
Above all this, you’ll be working in a fast-paced changing retail environment with immediate impact of your decisions.
• Measuring the return on investment for promotional and marketing activities.
• Defining how we look at different types of promotional levers (price, loyalty, gift with purchase, etc.).
• Understanding the cross-channel effectiveness of marketing choices to build out a shopper focused omnichannel offerings to our customers.
• Driving a culture of investment analysis and improvement across the retail organization.
• Support the broader LEGO Retail Finance organisation, leading at least one major financial or organisational process for the team.
In this role, you’ll join a supportive network that will help them develop deep expertise and a thorough end to end business understanding. We trust the candidate to get things done to the highest possible quality, thereby helping us on our mission to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.
What You’ll Bring:
To succeed, you must be motivated by using your financial expertise to drive value creation with your business partners and ensuring effective and efficient underlying finance processes. As a person, you are a self-starter who is comfortable operating independently and within a global network. As prior experience, we are looking for candidates who:
• Have a demonstabale record of success working in finance.
• Experience within commercial finance as a business partner, ideally with eCommerce experience.
• Have good academic qualifications (Master’s degree or equivalent).
• Are proficient in Excel; SAP experience would be ideal but is not essential.
• Have strong communication, collaboration, networking and stakeholder management skills which will be necessary for you to ensure alignment and challenge the business areas.
• Are analytical with a strong end to end business understanding, proactively looking for opportunities to add value to the business.
Focus on quality in execution and sustainable results. Push for constant improvement and high performance.
Proactively uses the informal structure, dynamics and culture of an organization to get things done; actively seeks input in decision-making and is able to use the diversity of skills present in the group; actively encourages others to develop and improve in order to raise organizational productivity; invests in building strong and sustainable relationships with others.
Positions own functional area into business context and sees actions in a business perspective; actively seeks opportunities for continuously improving the specialist knowledge within own area; actively uses functional spike and broad business acumen when leading and setting a direction.
To note, global aspect of the role and broader LEGO Retail team requires flexible working hours. It’s likely you’ll be travelling abour 20 days in the year.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“This is a unique opportunity for an accomplished finance professional who wants to further develop their commercial skills in a branded retail environment; turning financial insights into growth driving opportunities. You are directly contributing to the LEGO groups long term ambition to reach more children.” David Simms, Senior Finance Manager, Global eCommerce
Join the global family of The LEGO® Group
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your CV to your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.