LEGO Systems, Inc. Data Engineer in London, United Kingdom
Location United Kingdom, London; Denmark
Posted Date 01/09/2019
Job ID GB3342
Category Engineering; Information Technology
Are passionate about engineering Data applications? Would you love to work at an iconic global toy brand? Then we are excited to hear from you!
The global Data Engineering team consists of 40+ talented people spread out globally, with this role sitting either in our dynamic London Hub or our LEGO head office in Denmark. Our Data Engineering unit create solutions for all areas of the LEGO Group.
Your tasks include:
• Develop and deliver solutions based on big data technologies and stakeholder requirements
• Design and implementation of scalable and data intensive solutions
• Manage stakeholders, gather requirements, perform development,
• Share knowledge with the other data developers in LEGO
• Ensure that functionality and design meet best practice and LEGO Business requirements
• Help operate and support current running Data solutions with the rest of the team
• Automate algorithms and processes developed by analytics and business teams
• Collaborate on production of applications and automating data ingesting
Challenges & Opportunities
As Data developer you will work within a cross functional team, applied ML/AI with full-stack responsibility of solutions and collaborate closely with our analytical teams to drive the data decision agenda forward for 2019.
Do you have what it takes?
You could be an already experienced software engineer or developer, or you could have a degree in Data Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering. Most importantly you will have:
• Good experience working with Big Data, preferably Hadoop or another database
• Potentially some experience within applied Machine Learning or AI
• Good experience with general software development, preferably in Python, Java or Scala
• Strong knowledge around software design and coding best practices
• A positive approach to putting energy into learning new technologies and skills
• A focus on keeping deadlines and proactively delivering high quality results
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Great communication skills and a passion for working with colleagues and stakeholders
Bringing it to Life
Build your career as a key part LEGO’s Data Engineering team. As this is an area of focus and priority, you will get the opportunity to dive into the different business areas we work with and help business utilize data as a key strategic asset for 2019!
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.