LEGO Systems, Inc. Material Planner in Jiaxing, China
Location China, Jiaxing
Posted Date 12/05/2018
Job ID CN1902
Category Supply and Demand
Who are we?
The LEGO always make contribution to the world and has a transparent and open culture in daily work. We are open and have collaborative working environment. LEGO is worldwide known on leading product safety and high quality.
Play a key role in our Component Planning department
You will provide required material to make feasible plan for production orders by analysis tradeoffs and applying lean principles. You will also plan supplier’s deliveries according to production plan sequence.
We expect you to will help us:
• To provide required material to make feasible plan for production orders by analysis tradeoffs and applying lean principles.
• To plan supplier’s deliveries according to production plan sequence.
• Send Forecast to Suppliers to cover short and long term demand.
• Root cause analysis and follow up to corrective actions when a shortage of material impacts weekly production plan, Expedite and coordinate special deliveries when needed.
• Follow up Material Confirmation and Deliveries to avoid expedite or transportation extra fees.
• Keep the system updated with the most accurate data.
• Establish a solid relationship between category buyers and suppliers by enforce the communication channel.
• Establish a communication between planning in other sites.
• Monitor and manage inventory levels by actively and proactively take decision that avoids the excess and obsolete material.
• Calculate inventory level to update safety stock.
• Manage different planning strategies as Safety stock, safety time, hard safety stock, etc.
• Manage material Damage and Rejected for disposition.
• Follow up in deliveries quantity and dates in outbound orders.
• Report any inconsistency on outbound orders to other sites.
• Follow up as Local in Engineer Changes Order (ECOs).
• Create an intercompany cross flow of excess materials to other sites that have demand.
• Create a monthly Scrap order of obsolete material and make proposal to avoid it.
• Works actively with a continuous improvement mindset.
• Manage and control de use of airfreight by actively taking actions that reduce the costs.
What we are looking for
• 2 years of planning experience in a manufacturing environment. Preferably a product manufacturer, and more preferably a consumer products manufacturer. Experience in Lean Manufacturing and JIT.
• Bachelor's Degree in some engineer related field or equivalent manufacturing experience.
• Fundamental understanding of what a modern ERP system is. Basic understanding of a manufacturing organization and how the entities interact. Experience using a modern ERP system (SAP, JD Edwards, Oracle, Baan, PeopleSoft, etc.). SAP experiences a big plus. Proficient in MS Excel a must. Experience in MS Access a plus. APICS a plus.
• Team competency of working effectively with diverse people in diverse situations to achieve business objectives.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Join the global family of LEGO
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident, you have what it takes to succeed in this role and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
"Asia Manufacturing’s unique existence is to connect the dots within supply chain to bring our fantastic LEGO products to our consumers with high responsiveness. Putting bricks, building instruction and all needed materials into our LEGO SKU in the right way is so important that inspire all of us to strive for “Only the best is good enough” --- Senior Packing Director