LEGO Systems, Inc. Sr. Trade Marketing Manager in Enfield, Connecticut
Sr. Trade Marketing Manager
Location USA, Enfield
Posted Date 11/14/2018
Job ID US8132
Help The LEGO® Group deliver accurate and realistic marketing strategies.
The Senior Trade Marketing Manager leads the development and activation of shopper marketing plans for key retailers connected to prioritized tentpole activities or shopper occasions.
Support and grow the Trade Marketing team
Key activities include leading a cross functional team in translating LEGO Master brand and product line strategies into integrated and differentiated eCommerce and in store activation plans, leveraging the appropriate paid, owned, and earned communication channels.
Trade Marketing Planning: (50%)
• Gathers and curate insights to inform campaign development input, media strategies, and brand activations that meet shopper/customer needs
• Leads in developing strategic business planning proposals and presents recommendations to business leaders and retail partners at key selling-in and collaboration meetings throughout the year as necessary
• Recommends overall shopper communication objectives and strategies for key retailers in the U.S. market, with collaborative accountability for the Americas
• Teams with Media Planning, Account Teams, and agency partners to drive an audience-first approach to engage adults, parents, gift givers and shoppers in master brand and key theme activations
Trade Marketing Execution: (25%)
• Drives execution by translating objectives into clearly defined (cross-functional and other) team deliverables
• Collaborates with Sales, Brand Marketing, Licensing, Digital Marketing, Media Planning, PR, Partners (as necessary) on strategies, selling-in and activation of shopper directed campaigns tied to occasions or key theme priorities
• Provides input to global Shopper and Omnichannel Activation team with a broader consumer segment and overall portfolio view with sharp focus on the U.S. and broader voice for the Americas
• Oversees campaign performance, guiding strategic optimizations to accomplish business goals
• Manages growth and profit contribution goals for assigned programs
• Leads in accomplishment of company’s strategic objectives as they relate to assigned programs
• Manages marketing budget and expenses for assigned programs
Team Leadership: (25%)
• Demonstrates and role models proactive and forward-looking behaviours that anticipates milestones and delivers solutions for key seasons and drive periods
• Acts as Trade Marketing point person for each account, cultivating a mindset and approach to planning and execution that ensures alignment as retailer-specific trade marketing teams
• Consistently seeks greater understanding of our customers’ marketing priorities, capabilities, and test and learn agendas to establish LEGO as a clear leader in shopper activation and driving mutual value creation as preferred ‘beta partner’
• Pursues exposure to omnichannel best practices and acts as champion for data driven decision making and ideation
• Owns omnichannel activation calendars and innovation agenda built on retailers Must Win Battles
• Serves as champion for the shopper, their needs, and benefits in support of all marketing activations
• Looks for opportunities to increase team performance by challenging and encouraging others
Play your part in our global success
Trade Marketing is responsible for developing, managing and executing highly impactful and efficient omnichannel marketing programs to build awareness, LEGO Brand love, and drive shopper conversion. This role is vital in taking every opportunity to meet stakeholder needs and achieve positive results. Exceptional team collaboration in a fast paced, change-oriented environment, providing input, challenges and driving recommended solutions to daily work are required. Attention to detail and ability to motivate will make you a key member of the team as you help us ensure we’re constantly raising the bar.
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
• Minimum 7 years of experience in consumer products marketing or related.
• Background or project work indicating a strong interest in consumer packaged goods, consumer insights or the toy industry
• Proven track record in marketing development and activation to drive demand, with examples provided
• Experience/track record briefing and evaluating creative solutions
• Agency experience and/or agency management skills preferred
• Must be results driven, collaborative and have strong communications and negotiation skills
• Must be digital and social media savvy with strong business acumen; including strong planning, project and time management skills
• Must reflect proven successful experience in decision making, analytics, team orientation/leadership, and market innovation skills
• Requires ability to travel extensively as necessary domestically and internationally, including weekends
Join the global family of The LEGO® Group
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.